 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9901
Re: BRICKBAY SELLER WARNING!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 04:48:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Hmm, this incident may highlight a small flaw in Brickbay procedure, I can't
find that store and can't figure out how to look up the seller by name. Do
you know his seller ID or the URL to the store?

Larry thanks for taking interest in my situation.  I'm looking to see if I
can find his seller ID.  The only ID # I can find is that of my placed order
which isn't too much help.  His screen name as a seller is "Flood" and he
has a negative rating from someone else so I don't feel that I was the only
person who maybe got ripped off by this guy.  His store is no longer listed
and the only way I can get to it at all anymore is by referencing the
"orders placed" area of the "my brickbay" section.

Before deciding this is a ripoff, have you explored other ways of contacting
him? Sometimes a post just stating that you are having trouble reaching a
seller will elicit contact. You may have done that, but I missed it and you
didn't say you did.

now, the obligation is on the SELLER to keep contact open, there is no
denying that. But stuff sometimes happens.

I'm not faulting you not in the least, but I am suggesting that the gentle
touch is a good place to start when posting. And I apologise if you already
did that and I missed it.

I sent him 10 emails and a regular letter by the good old U.S. Post Office.
Both in my last two emails and my letter by regular post I warned this guy
that if I didn't hear from him within 2 weeks by any method of his choosing
(seemed more than fair seeing how he lived in Illinois and I live in Kansas)
I would begin formal complaints with brickbay and also make sure that all my
friends on LUGNET knew not to deal with him.

I guess in my opinion I figured I've given him ample warning prior to me
posting on LUGNET and BRICKBAY about the situation.  I was more than gentle
in my email to him and my letter was pretty friendly too (except for the
ultimatem part I suppose).  I just figure that a Seller owes more to his
customers than no contact and no product when they are already paid for.  I
buy on Brickbay quite a bit and up to now have been very happy with the
Sellers I've dealt with but this guy really left a bad taste in my mouth.

You can leave feedback on the transaction. You can tell Dan about it.
Sellers taht don't follow through on deals will lose their ability to sell
at Brickbay. Those aren't exactly great big whacking clubs but they do count
for something.

When you place an order on Brickbay a warning comes up stating that the
transaction is legally binding (I'm not sure under what law but it sounds
scarry) and it's the buyers obligation to then purchase the items from the
Seller.  I think this road should go both ways to the seller being bound to
deliver the product when an order is placed.  I know this is just lego and
all but it is $44.00 that I lost and I'm pretty fired up about it.  I'm
tempted to drive to Illinois in my tank (I'm an Army officer) and knock on
this guys door and ask him "WAAAAAAAASSSSSSSUUUUUUPPPP????"

I've posted but I don't email in reply to posts, sorry.

Any way thanks for your reply Larry and I now wait to see what the folks at
Brickbay can tell me.  I just didn't want any other good LUGNET or BRICKBAY
particpants to get suckered in by this Seller.  I appreciate you taking the
time to give your advice.

Andy