 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9888
Re: BRICKBAY SELLER WARNING!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:25:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Andrew Krug writes:
ATTENTION BRICKBAY BUYERS!!!!

I generally don't do this but I was recently cheated by a seller on Brickbay
and I wanted to warn the Brickbay community. A seller named Aaron McCallen
runs a store named "Aaron's Lego Goodies".

Hmm, this incident may highlight a small flaw in Brickbay procedure, I can't
find that store and can't figure out how to look up the seller by name. Do
you know his seller ID or the URL to the store?

I placed an order with him on the
4th of December 2000 and quickly sent him payment via personal check. He
cashed my check, marked me as "PAID" on my order status, and never sent me the
lego. I wrote him more than 10 emails in the last several weeks and he NEVER
wrote me back.

Before deciding this is a ripoff, have you explored other ways of contacting
him? Sometimes a post just stating that you are having trouble reaching a
seller will elicit contact. You may have done that, but I missed it and you
didn't say you did.

now, the obligation is on the SELLER to keep contact open, there is no
denying that. But stuff sometimes happens.

I'm not faulting you not in the least, but I am suggesting that the gentle
touch is a good place to start when posting. And I apologise if you already
did that and I missed it.

Needless to say I am quite angry about this. Most Lego fans I meet on the web
are first class folks but a guy like this ruins it for everyone. I encourage
you to avoid this seller and his store at all costs. I guess I will write off
the $44.00 I sent him and chalk this up as a lesson learned. Too bad I have
no recourse to be able to get a refund or pursue legal action.

You can leave feedback on the transaction. You can tell Dan about it.
Sellers taht don't follow through on deals will lose their ability to sell
at Brickbay. Those aren't exactly great big whacking clubs but they do count
for something.

Any
suggestions would be appreicated. Please email me at akrug@oz-online.net

I've posted but I don't email in reply to posts, sorry.

++Lar