 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8990
Re: Victorian House kit from Lions Gate Models: release date Nov 23rd, accepting prepaid orders now.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:16:29 GMT

Scott A wrote in message ...
Very impressive Kevin. I live in a area which is >90% Victorian (~1850), • and
I can see some of the Victorian style is see around me every day in your
model. However, garages in Victorian properties are pretty rare :-)

It's pretty common over here to have a garage in the basement level. I don't
know if the houses were built like that originally... but some of them may
have been, since that style hung on past the end of Victoria's reign into
the beginnings of the motor car. The house I owned here in a simplified
version of that style was built in 1915 (one of the very first houses in the
area, in among the newly logged trees).

Also, is your model crumbling away below the paintwork like my home?

Hehehe. I hope not! Realism can go a bit too far!

Kevin