 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8694
Re: for sale or trade - 5 white 2x2 12v lamp modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Frank Filz writes:
I've acquired these in some recent auctions and have no good way to power them.
I just have the lamp modules, no wires. All lamps have been tested as working
by using a 4.5v battery box (which lights them pretty dimly). They're all in
pretty decent shape, with only very mild discoloring.

A number of people have made 9v-12v convertor cables. It's pretty simple,
you take a 12v cable, unscrew the power connector clip from one end, then
cut a 9V cable, strip the wires and connect the 12v clip. It does require
sacrificing some wires but once you make one, you use it to power everything
because the 12v cables allow piggybacking connections.

12v bulbs at 9v are quite a bit brighter than at 4.5v and at the lowered
voltage should last a while.

If that's not of interest to you, I'd offer Milton Train Works trade credit
toward something for them, depending on what you were looking to get.