 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8453
8452  |  8454
Subject:
Spam alert!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 14:27:19 GMT

Hi all,

Just a note on some spam I was hit with today from Wee Lean in Malaysia, who
is trying to sell Tour de France promo sets (1196-9). I don't trade Lego
outside Australia, and I can only imagine that my email address was extracted
from Lugnet. I'm not exactly sure why I was targeted either, since I've never
expressed an interest in these promo sets.

See also this threadlet:
http://news.lugnet.com/db/scans/?n=130&t=i&v=a
The email I received was definitely commercial solicitation, and in my book it
counts as bona fide spam.

It's not a big deal, but I thought other people might like to know what is
happening.

regards,
DaveL