 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8422
Re: I know what you're thinking....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:57:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dave Johann writes:

I'll double-check all my descriptions, but I no longer think that's the
problem.

It wasn't.  The problem was with 2 of your URLs.
Figures. Ah, well...live and learn. I'll be more careful next time. I tend to
cut and paste, so this shouldn't have crept up like this. I'd love to know how
this happened, but that it works now suits me just fine.

There were new-line
characters (rest of technical explanation snipped) in them.  Don't know how it
got there but it's fixed, now it escapes all new line chars in a URL with a
null and your shop works fine.

Thanks! I'll re-open during daylight hours tomorrow to give everyone a chance at
the classic stuff.

I think I'm just going to re-work the main page to eliminate any extraneous
info. It's not like anyone reads my shipping/payment info anyway ;-)

Sorry to hear that you feel that way.  You shouldn't get rid of any of your
data.  If the system doesn't handle it then we'll make it handle it without
you having to do anything at all.
The problem with yahoo counters / banners still stands.

Dan, I was joking about the last part-hence the ;-) Sorry, I often forget humor
doesn't translate well in this fashion. Besides, I do need to tweak the home
page a bit, as there is some inaccurate stuff there now (like my now-defunct
ebay info.)

Thanks for fixing it, hopefully, I won't encounter this one again.
-Dave