 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8417
Re: Hey y'all, I got me a shop on B-Bay - Trains, ya know...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Timothy Wade writes:
Oh my gosh.

Has anyone else checked out the prices for his sets? Maybe I shouldn't say
anything...but I only paid $83 for my 4547. And $425 for a complete • Metroliner?
Maybe he wants to keep his closet full of them...

Now maybe I shouldn't be commenting on his prices...but they just shocked the
heck out of me when I saw them..

They may or may not be on the high side, but I think you got lucky if you got
a MISB club car for 83. 425 is not totally unreasonable for a MISB metro. I
have a couple and you would have to pay a lot more than that to pry one away
from me, but then I'm not trying to sell them.

Contrast them with the Vault, contrast them (proportionally) with the parts
prices on BAYLIT. You are paying extra for the fact that in each case you are
dealing with a vendor who is beyond reproach, who has what he says he has in
the condition he says it is in, delivers it promptly and well packed, and who
offers one stop shopping for hard to find things.

If the prices are TOO off, nothing will sell. I don't think they are off that
much.

++Lar