 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7507
Re: Looking for blue 2x2 classic windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:07:39 GMT

I bought 5 of the velux sets at $25.00 US from Velux in Denmark.

Mark H.

Mike Walsh wrote:

"Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message
I had not seen that before

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=velux

It is a cute house. By the way, who is Velux?

Wow Lar, 100 windows. You are always thinking big. You are right the • numbers do
not look great.

Chris

[ ... snipped ... ]

Velux makes windows.  The 1854 Velux House is/was a promotional set that was
available from the Velux Window Company.  They are no longer available in
the US, I think the same is pretty much true for the rest of the world.  The
last time I spoke with a woman at Velux she told me they were trying to get
more but she doubted they would be able to.  It is a really nice set, I wish
LEGO made some Town sets like this one in their standard product line.

If someone really, really, really wants one, I have one for sale ($100 - yes
the price is high) on my BrickBay store, look in the Promotional section.
Why is priced so high?[1]  Because I am in no hurry to sell it.  In fact it
wouldn't bother me if I never sold it but if someone really, really, really
wants one and is willing to pay $100 - I have one available.

My BrickBay Store:  http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=mpw

-- Mike

mike_walsh@mindspring.com

[1] - I have had a couple of e-mail comments asking why some items are
priced so high, sometimes higher than eBay.  I price items based on how
badly I want to sell something.  Things like the Velux House, Maersk Cargo
Truck, Retrostation, etc. are sets I have several copies of and willing to
sell for the right price, but that price is fairly high.