 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7471
Re: WTB Various obscure bits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:41:00 GMT

I thought someone said they use methylene chloride (a.k.a. dichloromethane)? I have
used dichloromethane, it does dissolve ABS, and the resulting goop eventually,
overnight, becomes solid ABS again.

Chris

P.S. Neither methyl ethyl ketone nor methylene chloride are particularly good for
you. Both should only be used in very well ventilated areas.

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

Mark Morgan wrote:

BTW Can anyone recommend a good glue for Lego - bought some so-called
ABS glue at a modelling shop yesterday, but it is very similar to PVA
glue i.e. useless.

The Model Builders for Lego use MEK/ABS mix - Methyl Ethyl Ketone mixed with some
ABS resin.  MEK alone should work fine.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/