 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 643
  Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

I ordered one from Kaplan last week, it shipped Monday, so they are still able to get the original Dacta Community Vehicles, in addition to the new Town Jr (ICK!) version. Go to (URL) for "Lego". You want 89936, LEGO Community Vehicles, NOT the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

Cool. Did they give you a free street sweeper? I got one per set when I got my last 2 copies of this set, back in June of last year, to make up for the fact that "the set isn't complete" but near as I could tell, they were. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

Last year, they gave me a free 6649 Street Sweeper and 6535, with no explanation why, they were just in the box with it. This year, same thing - extra 6649 and 6535 in the box. Makes it WELL worth ordering while they are still around, considering (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) Well how come the newer 43243 Community vehicles has only 78 left and marked down to $40 whereas the 89936 one is still at $69 no restriction on stock? Both have the same picture. All I want is the ambulance really. (25 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Carbon 60 wrote in message <36C6EE2D.FC05C03B@b...ot.com>... (...) other (...) So maybe you should contact with Eric McArthy, via bendyarm@aol.com since he have been selling the set vehicle by vehicle, and AFAIK, he still has ambulances. Selçuk (25 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

I don't know what's going on at Kaplan. I orderded 2 #89936s on Feb 4, on Feb 12 I called because I didn't receive them yet.The customer service person I spoke with said my order was on back order. She was going to call someone and get back to me. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

And if he doesn't have them, I'll be splitting up quite a few sets myself. See (URL) for PRELIMINARY info. Nothing is set in stone until I actually get the sets, and I may do a straight sale, rather than an auction, on most of the sets. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) For what it is worth, I just called Kaplan and was told that this item is out of stock. When I asked if it was gone for good or backordered the lady said it showed as backordered. She did quote me a $40.00 price, though. Makes me worry about (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

For what it's worth, I called also to check on my order. She told me the computer showed her a ship date the first or second week of March. I don't think they are going to be able to fulfill this order. Julie (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

regarding the set... I ordered 3... we'll see. Kaplan wasn't as crisp as usual. AND the catalog part of the site was down this AM. CSR said that they were doing maint. Let me tell you, you don't take a commerce site off the air just to do (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) Hmmmm, I didn't buy THAT many of the set. And I bought them over the weekend. I'll be calling tomorrow morning to verify that I am actually getting what I ordered, and WHEN it will be in. I sure HOPE they have mine reserved, and will be able (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) LOL, the girl I spoke to on the phone who told me the sets are due in the first or second week of March was named HOPE!Julie (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) Well, my order has already been sent to the manufacturer, they are going to drop-ship them direct. Unfortunately, they do NOT include the 6649 and 6535 anymore. FORTUNATELY, since my orders were so large, I was able to use the catalog special (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) I feel more confident I will get my sets now. I noticed on Kaplan's site they updated it to show the close out price on both the close out section and the screen you get by just doing a search. I figure if they can't deliver the product, why (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

Mine were delivered today. :-) Julie (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  (canceled)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) Got mine yestarday, cool set. I like the instruction cards, nice and sturdy (even though they are less inconvienent to store and ship). (25 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) And they aren't as good as real baseplates (which the previous Community Vehicles set came with). Steve (25 years ago, 25-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

(...) [Sorry I'm coming in late on this one] There are two different elements involved, and they're in at least three sets, actually: 1x4 Spring Cage, Hinge Connect, 3M Qty Color Set U.S. Set Name Year Theme --- ----- ---- ---...--- ---- ---...--- 1 (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

O! I forgot about coastal cutter, and I even HAVE that set. It's used to pick up the boat, IIRC. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan

Larry, Yup, I have two of those, it is a nice set. That part combination with the mini-boat is a real slick feature on that set. I used the second one for a Coastal Marine ADF G-200 vehicle, one of my own creations. I will have to get my webpage (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)