 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6101
  Price Guide

Could I have a guide price for the following sets all of which are complete with plans and box..... Technics 8868 Pneumatic Truck 8094 Control Centre 8865 Car 8860 Car Castle 6090 6077 6076 6075 6264 Train 6990 (no plans, wheel bogies missing, one (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Guide

(...) Fortunately, nobody here maintains a "price guide". You can get some idea of a set's current value by searching current and completed auctions on Ebay. KL (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Guide

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) Kevin's post raises an interesting point about price guides in an internet based marketplace. For years the guides were valuable because it was difficult, expensive, and perhaps even impossible for people in a (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Guide

(...) Well, What you said is true, but what I meant was that price guides are bad because they attract professional resellers and make it more difficult and expensive for hobbyists to enjoy their hobby. What was the quote from the recent toy show? (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Guide

(...) This question is better asked in lugnet.market.appraisal follow-ups to: lugnet.market.appraisal (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: Price Guide

Kevin Loch scribed ... (...) I have to second that. I buy extra of what I think is a good deal and I try to share it with others. Sometimes I find a market, sometimes I don't, but I do like the thought of getting sets to hobbyists rather than the (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Guide

(...) If we are talking about used LEGO, I think there are no price guides as "professional resellers" could never make money out of used LEGO. The time it takes to sort and check sets is just to wort the return to anyone who does not like the (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Price Guide

(...) Well, there are at least semi-professional resellers. At least two of the people I used to buy lots of LEGO bits from off eBay were not really collectors. They were stay at home moms. They did have some interest in LEGO for their children, but (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)