 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5916
Re: Value of Vintage Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:46:18 GMT

ghill wrote:

I picked up the following Lego at a garage sale.

#107  Reversible Power Unit
#310 Motorized Truck Set
#312 Remote Control Supplement
#333 Delivery Truck
#347 Fire Station

To my amazement, there are no records of previous sales on Lugnet or RTL. Is
there no market for these very
old sets or are they extremely rare?

I will be selling them all either outright or by auction.

If I am off topic, I am sorry.  Someone direct me to the proper thread.

Jerry Hill
ghill@execpc.com

These are all from around 1970, and are Samsonite LEGO.  If you have the boxes
and brochures, then I would suggest that you sell them on EBAY.  There are
probably collectors that are looking for this early mechanized remote control
LEGO.  You might want to sell the remote control pieces as one lot.

These 1970 sets predate the minifig (or any "fig") by a few years.  There were
very few specialty pieces at this time, which makes your collection all the more
collectible.  Most sets from this period still contained mostly bricks.

Are they rare?  If they are in great shape, and in their packaging is still
intact, then yes, they are rare.  But they are not in as great in demand as
earlier and later sets.  For some reason the late 60's and early 70's were not
an exciting time for LEGO.  Perhaps the sets were not as imaginative as earlier
and later sets.

Gary Istok