 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5211
Re: Train windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:27:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Stangl writes:
Prices vary all over the map, I myself won't pay over $2 each with proper • train
glass, unless they are grey Metroliner windows, in which case I would pay • more,
but I don't know how MUCH more, it depends on how many I'd be able to get at
once.

Black/white/blue/red will be common as heck in May when the soccer vans come • out
($20 set with SEVEN windows), but the train glass will still be somewhat rare
(the soccer vans have flat plastic, not train glass).

Grey seems to be the hardest to get, I've only seen it in the 4558 and 4547. • I
still need a couple dozen grey at least, so if you have some, let me know ;-) •  I
can deal with them without glass, though I'd prefer them with it.

Shiri Dori wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate if any trainheads (or others) could answer some of these
following questions:
a. How much do train windows usually go for?
b. What colors are most popular / hardest to get?
c. Do they usually sell in pairs, or what?
d. Windows w/o glass go for [how much?] less than w/glass...?
e. Glass alone goes for...?

I have some that I could offer but am unsure about price ranges. I don't • want
to sell myself short so I'd like to know what average prices are.

TIA,
Shiri

Doesn't the jail cell in 6598 (Metro PD Station) have two in grey - without
train glass of course?

Chris