 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4730
  Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.

(...) Hmm, I'm not entirely clear on why the above quoted isn't an auction announcement. The larger post -- on a whole -- obviously isn't, but in my mind, it certainly does _contain_ an auction announcement, albeit one with a disclaimer. It's not an (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.

Well, that implies that even using the word "auction" (whoops!) or the url for an auction related site like eBay.com (whoops again!!!) constitutes an auction (whoops a third time!!!) post, which I think is totally false. -- Paul Davidson Todd Lehman (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: No gimmicks, just a free 40 bucks.

(...) I read Larry's message the same way you did, Todd. And I had the same reaction: "Larry's smarter than that. Why's he posting a disingenuous auction announcement?" Then I realized the truth. What he typed was: (...) The meaning of this passage (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory)