 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4598
Re: WTB: Baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:20:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Maggie Cambron wrote:

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jon Theys writes:
Hey, all!!  I'm looking to put all my Star Wars Legos in an organized
display-type thing.  But I need large baseplates for them.

Specifically I'm looking for Super-extra-large tan ones to make a good base
for the podracers, and a couple white ones for Hoth.  Can anyone help???

First off, the XL baseplate (48x48) exists only in grey, as far as I know.
Your best bet for tan plates is to try and find some of the Wild West sets,
they had several tan baseplates in the "half" size - 16x32 studs.

The 16x32 tan plates also come in #6441 Deep Reef Refuge and #5988 Pharoah's
Forbidden Ruins (each of those sets come with two).  These sets have both been
deeply discounted recently, so someone who reads this probably has a big stash of
them somewhere.  Oh yes, also #6455 and #6456, the latter which has also been on
clearance but in not as great abundance.  I have only seen 32x32 tan plates with
either a river pattern or a trail pattern on them.

Not that this is much help, unless you stumble on a stash of Divers...

According to my research, there were 7 Divers sets with tan baseplate(s).

Here's the list.  The size indicated is the total baseplate area for the set.
6441, 6560 and (I think) 6558 had 2 16x32 tan plates.  I'm almost certain that
6559 had a single 32x32 tan baseplate.

|1782 Discovery Station | X(16x16) + blue(16x32)
|6441 Deep Reef Refuge  | X(32x32)
|6442 Sting Ray Explorer| X(16x16)
|6557 Treasure Hunters  | X(8x16)
|6558 Shark Cage Cove   | X(16x32)