 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4587
Re: WTB: Baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:19:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jon Theys writes:
Hey, all!!  I'm looking to put all my Star Wars Legos in an organized
display-type thing.  But I need large baseplates for them.  I've found two
XL gray baseplates at a local TRU, a large blue one (under-water for the
Bongo), and a couple large green ones, but don't need the green (yet...new
Gungan sets are coming, though  :)  ).  The gray ones make for nice Rebel
bases, but I still need some other plates.

Specifically I'm looking for Super-extra-large tan ones to make a good base
for the podracers, and a couple white ones for Hoth.  Can anyone help???

Hi Jon,
  I can't help you directly (I need all the baseplates I've got!), but I can
give you some information.

First off, the XL baseplate (48x48) exists only in grey, as far as I know.
Your best bet for tan plates is to try and find some of the Wild West sets,
they had several tan baseplates in the "half" size - 16x32 studs.

White is going to be harder to build up a supply of, as the only set I'm aware
of with white baseplates is the new 6575 Polar Base, which has 4 "quarter" size
at 16x16.

Hope that helps!

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/