 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4325
Re: WTB: A Few 2x2x3 Extreme Steep-Slope CORNERS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:37:19 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Hi Lindsay,  I just saw a group of 16 of these go for over $23 on US EBAY.  I
was bidding on them, but then I decided it was getting pricey, and figured
that when LEGO Direct starts with bulk sales, I could get a lot more of them
for $23.  But I did  buy a lot of 20 of the regular 2x2x3 blue steep slopes
there for $10.50.

Yeah, the exchange rate of standard==corner steep slopes is pretty much 2.5:1, as
I'd kind of presumed.  (Actually, from that reckoning it's more like 2.3:1, but
I'm willing to go a little above that.  ;) )  I'll be very happy to get those
things--they're very useful on my naval vessels, to build torpedo bulges into the
hulls.  It's OK, I'll still have about 100 of the slopes left.

I already have my sights on a vast number of the blue steep slopes.  I one day
want to build the Louvre, the enormous palace in the heart of Paris that is a
museum today.  If I can purchase (from LEGO Direct) a large number of Tan
bricks and white windows, plus the blue extreme slopes (I prefer that color to
dark grey), I think I can produce a relatively decent copy in the classic LEGO
scale (1 door = 3 bricks high).  Even then, it will probably be about 10 feet
long, due to the vastness of the original (on its south flank, the Louvre has
1,800 ft frontage on the Seine River).

There is just something about extreme sloped bricks that lends itself very
well to making French Mansard roofed buildings.

I think gentle slopes just look fantastic for subtle detail, which is what a lot
of architecture is about (and not just buildings).  However, I didn't bat an eye
on reading your project description, Gary--if anyone on Earth can pull this off
(outside of the Master Builders who have unlimited Lego parts available, of
course) it's you!  I only hope you'll post pictures...lots of pictures...*drool*

Maybe this should be in .dear-lego just so I can pine for them to sell you white
windows and tan bricks too--I really do enjoy your creations.

best,

Lindsay