 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4320
Re: WTB: A Few 2x2x3 Extreme Steep-Slope CORNERS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:51:22 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Mr L F Braun wrote:

   Hi everyone,

   I'm looking for one to three pairs of the new blue steep-slope
corners used in the 2000 Castle sets.  I'm offering *five* blue standard
steep-slope 2x2x3 bricks in blue for *each pair* of corners, or other
trade/payment to be worked out between us (I currently value the corners
at $2.00 a pair).  This is a good chance to get some variation in your
extreme-slope stock, now that you've got blue corners in hand; for my
part, I'd like to avoid buying the Guarded Treasury because it doesn't
have many other pieces that I want.  I'm not much of a Castle person,
but I have a lot of Castle gear if you're looking to trade for minifigs,
castle building bits, or weaponry.

I've got the three pairs I need.  Thanks!

best,

LFB

Hi Lindsay,  I just saw a group of 16 of these go for over $23 on US EBAY.  I
was bidding on them, but then I decided it was getting pricey, and figured
that when LEGO Direct starts with bulk sales, I could get a lot more of them
for $23.  But I did  buy a lot of 20 of the regular 2x2x3 blue steep slopes
there for $10.50.

I already have my sights on a vast number of the blue steep slopes.  I one day
want to build the Louvre, the enormous palace in the heart of Paris that is a
museum today.  If I can purchase (from LEGO Direct) a large number of Tan
bricks and white windows, plus the blue extreme slopes (I prefer that color to
dark grey), I think I can produce a relatively decent copy in the classic LEGO
scale (1 door = 3 bricks high).  Even then, it will probably be about 10 feet
long, due to the vastness of the original (on its south flank, the Louvre has
1,800 ft frontage on the Seine River).

There is just something about extreme sloped bricks that lends itself very
well to making French Mansard roofed buildings.

Gary Istok