 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3339
  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) Well, I hardly think they can sue you for making your own creation that fits in with lego. After all, how many other things have a dia of (xxx) to fit into the lego hands. Taking existing parts and modifying them _should_ also be legal, since (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) True enough, you can do what you like on your own time in your own space. But you see if I'm making battleaxes or blaster rifles, other AFOL's out there might want some. So profit isn't entirely the issue as much as cost recovery. I guess my (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  RE: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

I don't think it's an issue at all. It's obviously not illegal to make Lego-compatable pieces (ref. Tyco, Megablox, as well as non-clones that can be connected to Lego), just duplicating Lego pieces for which the patent hasn't expired. If you made a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

(...) I agree. I don't plan on selling ANY of the pitchfork replicas I make/have made. But if I make or have made custom war hammers, battle axes, etc, and people like them enough to pay for them, you bet I'm going to be selling them for what the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I NEED A PITCHFORK!!

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message <snip> (...) hmmm, sounds kinda of like the attitude some big company I know of... We need War Hammer/Battle Axe buckets!! ;) Build On! John Matthews (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)