 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2824
2823  |  2825
Subject:
Blue Hopper Buyout price, trade goods price
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:06:21 GMT

As most of you know, I have some blue hoppers for auction. I'm NOT
flogging them here (you can go dig up the URLs elsewhere), as this is
not the place to do that. However.... Sparked by some discussion
elsewhere, I do have some buy/sell/trade ways to get them too.  I
thought I'd consolidate the non auction offers I have going for these
into this post.

First, I will sell these on a first come first served basis for 50 USD
plus shipping. That is MORE than they are going for at auction right now
on average, (1) so you may want to take your chances on an auction, you
could pay less... quite a lot less in one case I saw.

Second, I will trade these for 50 USD worth of parts. The parts I want
are the rare parts to build my custom hopper, and I'll pay market
rates(2).

Go to this listing (which is closed, but should still be there) for more
details on the parts I want.

http://www.seriouscollector.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=A1865

To be clear, the rarest parts are the technic pin and the tilting top
hinge. Note that when I say "tilting top", that is the name of the hinge
type. I do NOT mean just the top. I want both halves, and eventually I
need the top and bottom in the same color, although if you have a lot of
mixed color ones I'd still consider it...

If you want to make a parts offer, go for it. These need to be brand
new  and I strongly prefer that they come from a smoke free household, I
just got some from someone that are new, but reek of cig smoke already.
Ewww. Shame on me for not checking first.

If you don't have that many of the rarer ones, any longer 1xn plates or
1xn bricks, technic 2x8 or 2x10 plates in black, train parts (trucks,
bogie plates, couplers), and regular 2xn plates in black are also of
interest (descending order of interest) and I'll pay close to market for
those.

Parts trades are "we each pay our own shipping" basis. Mixed, part cash
part parts offers are OK too. Don't ask me what to do about shipping
there <grin>, we'll work something out.

1 - that's what a buyout price is, an offer to stop a lot from being
auctioned off... it has to be over the going rate.

2 - When I say market, you can use AucZILLA, BRICKS, whatever you choose
as a ref, I'll check your math, don't worry. I don't want to get hung up
on saying I won't pay 11 cents for that, it's only 10 cents each I'll
pay so no way. If you make a reasonable(3) offer, I'll no doubt accept
it.

3 - If YOU YOURSELF would pay 40 for the collection of parts, it's
probably reasonable that you would sell it off for 50 (that allows for
hysteresis) and that would do the trick.