 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2731
Re: FS : Mars promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 22:05:20 GMT

Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Metric is bigger than Imperial.. a 2 liter soda bottle holds more per
"ounce" than a 2 quart bottle... same with a gallon of milk.. 4 quarts
is less than 4 liters.

Saying that one of the systems is bigger or smaller than the other is
meaningless. A meter is bigger than a foot, but smaller than a yard. And
_my_ foot is the same length, no matter what you measure it with. [1]
It's just a matter of conversion factors. The manufacturers apparently chose
to make the new product sizes come out to integer values (sensible enough),
and also chose to round down rather than up. (Again, sensible from their
point of view!)

[1] assuming non-destructive measurements please!