 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2069
    Re: WTB Train Parts —John Neal
   Mike- I do not think Larry means to offend. What he has done is initiate a sort of reverse auction, thus his follow-up to .auction. I think by setting prices, you have automatically set yourself up to be outbid, especially on these items, where I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: WTB Train Parts —Simon Robinson
   From all my dealings with Larry, he's a great guy and often goes out of his way to help people here. So I think John's right in that Larry wouldn't have meant to offend. Plus I agree it is legitimate to make higher offers for bricks. HOWEVER, I do (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: WTB Train Parts —John Neal
    (...) Well, I said a "sort" of reverse auction, meaning that it was *initiated* by a buyer, not by a seller, which would normally be the case in an auction. Larry doesn't do anything *normal* <except play with bricks> ;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)