 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 200
Re: Anyone intersted in some older sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:34:23 GMT

Jesse Long wrote in message ...
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
Mike Stanley writes:

I have a six digit salary now.  If you count the cents.

Most people in the US nowadays(1) have 7 digit salaries if you count the • cents.
Are you saying you make less than 10K a year? Yeesh. That's WAY below • poverty.

That depends on where you live and what you have to buy.  Maybe things in
Turkey (local things, at least) are cheap.  Amereicans who go to China to
teach English get their room provided and about US$200 a month, and that's
plenty, since everything's so cheap.

Jesse

At first, my annual salary already above 10K (in between 13-14 000) and to
tel you the thruth, its well above average for conditions of Turkey. Knowing
that me and my wanna be wife are both being engineers, our total monthly
sallary is less than 2 000 $, well below European/American standards.

Last month, I've met with two fellow Canadian RTLers in Turkey, and one of
the subject that we talked about was comparizon of the price of living in
both Canada/US and Turkey. We saw that very basic needs, like food,
clothing, transportation (except air transportation) is much more cheaper
here in Turkey. But many other things like prices of real estates, cars, and
of course Legos are at least same and generally higher than the values in US
or Canada.

Selçuk
Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?