 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1924
  Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale

(...) Oh, I did not know there was this kind of distinction. It's sealed, new, as if you could buy it off the shelf today. It is in the highest state of newness-- what would, technically speaking, this be called? -John (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale

(...) I think MISB - Mint In Sealed Box. Is there anything that's more accurately descriptive? -Tom McD. when replying, don't go vacationing on SpamLake, where it's said that spamcake first crawled out onto land eons ago. (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Tom McDonald wrote in message ... (...) just (...) spamcake (...) I agree that MISB is the most accurate term. However, I have had many auctions on eBay using that term where people emailed me asking what it meant, or after they had received the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale

(...) Usually there isn't, :) but if you're paying that much, don't you want to know? (...) No, that's not the highest state of newness. Sets off the shelves -- especially sets with large boxes -- often have nicks and scrapes in them. It might also (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale

(...) As you say, it's darn near impossible to find pristine mint in boxes this large. Unless a miracle occurs this is the closest to pristine mint you're gonna find for this set. Period. I'm pretty happy with the box condition on mine, and mine (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)