 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17424
Re: Very Rare 1966 Retailer LEGO Train Brochures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:36:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Sorry about posting in lugnet.trains!

In the past I have cross posted buy-sell-trade to lugnet.general, and didn't get
corrected, but now I know!  :-)

I suspect the posts to .general are, strictly speaking, against the TOS too but
given the general nature of the group people are less likely to see it as
spamming.

Of course the trick is to dress up the sales post with information. Had you
posted the idea book-like pictures etc. and then mentioned the sale at the end I
think it would be acceptable (certainly to me) for the post to .trains. It's the
difference between information with an ad and just an ad.

--snip--

Tim