 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17177
17176  |  17178
Subject:
HUGE Lego Collection for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:06:45 GMT

I have a 77,500+ part Lego collection that I would like to offer up for sale.
Much of the collection can be seen in these pics on Brickshelf:

The collection is completely sorted and cataloged using Bob Kojima's Parts
Catalog program and my inventory file of all parts in .prn format is available
here:

http://www.appstate.edu/~main/20060601.prn

Parts are presorted into 40 Plano 3700 containers for specialty parts, 10 1.5
gallon Rubbermaid containers for plates/misc. parts, two 58 qt. tubs filled
with basic bricks, and 1 58 qt. tub filled with pre-sorted sets.  Here is the
setlist:

http://www.appstate.edu/~main/setlist.xml
(Sets listed as "public" are sorted as sets within indididual baggies, whereas
sets in the "private" column have been sorted into the part collection).

I think this sale is unique because it offers a large, quality collection at a
really good price.  Also, it is better organized than most collections you are
likely to come across for sale.

Also included in this sale are my idea books, original instructions, catalogs
and even cut box panels of all the sets in my collection.  In other words,
eveything Lego that I have collected and kept since 1997.

Consider this unique opportunity to add a huge amount of Lego to your collection
at one time at a great discount.  I am asking $3,000 for the collection.

I live in western North Carolina.  Because shipping this huge collection would
be impractical, I am offering it for pickup sale only.  I can meet the buyer
anywhere within a two-hour driving radius of Charlotte, NC.  This collection is
worth a little drive!

If interested, please e-mail me at either of the following e-mail addresses:

thomasmain@charter.net
main@appstate.edu

Some of you may remember that I offered this up for sale last year:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=16860

Since then, 10,000 parts have been added to this collection, all minifigs have
been inventoried and yet the price remains the same!!