 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15552
Re: Official Website Is Launched!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 02:35:38 GMT

In lugnet.build.ancient, Jeff Byrd wrote:
   You must be joking, right?

Nope. Read everyone else’s comments and you will see that rather than being dismissive you should have been listening to the first two persons that commented they were having problems getting to everything on your site.

I have the latest version of Flash (I also have Flash MX Studio FWIW). I am running the latest version of IE and Opera (I prefer the latter). I am on Win XP Pro, not that this should matter. I am connected at 100 Mbps via ADSL. So, if I have a problem with your site I am guessing it’s YOU and not ME. How do I know? Because everywhere else I go and see Flash animations and interfaces, I am not experiencing any problems.

I apologize if you think I was out of line or overly harsh, but the site is not optimized for easy viewing -- and as at least a quasi-commercial site, you want to appeal to the lowest common denominator, not demand that everyone else somehow rise to the challenge as presented by the peculiarities of your site.

BTW, while you have basically spammed a number of newsgroups here on Lugnet (and many of us lazily followed up likewise), you managed to miss the one place where your post was at least marginally justified: lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade. I mean, it’s not even Lego, right? Nor is what you are offering for pure entertainment value or free.

Just trying to be helpful.

-- Hop-Frog (a.k.a. Mr. Sunshine!)