 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1546
Re: **WTB Orange 1x4s**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 04:22:35 GMT

Hey do you have any more info on the lego set Mcd's will be selling.

Dave

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Neal writes:
"Alan G. Carmack" wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom McDonald writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Alan G. Carmack writes:

What sets have =orange= pieces??

Notably, last year's U.S. Halloween buckets, and Star Wars sets. Others may
have them too.

I missed this whole Halloween thing, I guess because we do not go shopping
much that time of year.  What were/are those buckets?

Mostly regular bricks, but they also included (sorry, can't remember
quantities) 1x2, 1x3, 1x4 regular orange bricks; 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3 orange
slopes; and 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, 2x3 inverse orange slopes.
Orange plates, tiles, etc. are proliferating among the SW sets as are a few of
the slopes; there isn't a source of bricks yet:-( (Hence my original WTB post)

When I saw the various buckets with silver bricks, I thought to myself LEGO
was really trying to suck as much money out of people who would buy a whole
set just for one piece.

At *first* one might think this.  But in reality, and especially at 20% off or
some such discount, these buckets were good deals, regardless of the silver
brick.  And the silver brick was like an additional $2.00 off, because I think
that's what they are worth now:-)

I do not like that kind of marketing, neither am I
one who has enough cash to participate in such ploys.

Except if the kids *drag* you to McDonald's for teeny beanies;-)  But then
again, *YOU* will be dragging your kids to McDonald's for the LEGO promotion • in
August....:-)

-John

Reminded me vaguely of the craze (craziness) created by Mattel by its
"treasure Cars" products.

Alan C