 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15119
15118  |  15120
Subject:
Two Store Displays: Technic and FreeStyle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:55:24 GMT

To BricksWest 2003, I will be bringing two store displays to sell:
1) Technic
2) FreeStyle

Each display is housed in a sturdy wood and plastic case with a light inside.
Both date from around 1995-96.

http://www.nmt.edu/~thakius/store_displays/

1) Technic Display:
- contains built and displayed models of sets 8440 Formula Flash,
8422 Circuit Shock Racer, 8412 Nighthawk, and 8230 Police Buggy.
- clear plastic walls surround the display.
- two red buttons on the yellow lid activate a single sound module
with sound effects and a voice-over advertisement for LEGO Technic sets.
The sound module requires a 6volt dc power source (not included,
but easily available at Radio Shack).

2) FreeStyle Display:
- contains various FreeStyle-ish models
- No sound module; it is missing

Both Displays:
- The yellow lid contains an interior flourescent light with power cord.
The overall condition is very good.
- There are some scuffs on the exterior edges and the clear plastic walls-
but, remember, this was in a store.
- I have never opened the displays to check, but I would guess that the
models are glued together.

Both of these displays are quite heavy.  I went to Mail Boxes, Etc. to price
the cost to ship each display within continental USA:
1) about $50 to build a wooden crate (approx.)
2) about $50 to ship it (approx.)

I will be driving to BricksWest 2003 and would prefer to sell them on-site
at BW03 rather than add crate and shipping charges to the cost.

Please contact me privately if you have questions or would like to buy one
or both of these displays.

Before a sale of these items, I would like to have the time until at
BricksWest, or soon after the event, to allow interested parties the chance
to view this message, the items for sale, and corresponde with me, if necessary.

Thanks.
later,
James Mathis