 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14322
Re: WTT: Coke Soccer Sets for Coke Soccer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:29:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Thomas Stangl writes:

Except for employees (if that) I suspect that it's a lot more likely that
anyone who has 50 of one particular item already has a complete set though.
Definitely agreeing, in fact, I don’t think LEGO will give away so much
valuable promo sets instead of extending the promo period; and in my
memories, this is the first time LEGO offer Coke promo sets in HK, so HK
collectors may not give up their collection so easily.

Let’s be realistic, LEGO is really too expensive and there
is not much “good sets” here, I see no Legend, and for trains, there’s
only railway express,(I still have to save up for air tickets to get
Metroliners and Santa Fe trains) and the most important thing is, we can’t
get enough bricks! So MOCs are nearly impossible), so HK people are not
willing to buy much. 4464 became one of the least wanted items just because
people don't have much LEGO, so special elements became less wanted.

If you were aware of the way of the promotion held, it was nearly impossible
for someone to get 100 bottles of Coke (If he did, I don’t think he couldn’t
get a complete set of 30 for himself). And I guess if there were someone out
there with 50 bottle cases, he would rather build a Coke factory for himself.

Jared Chan
A 16-year-old from HK who didn’t have a chance to complete the collection.
(I still don’t understand why I could get 3 gold secret players but not even
1 silver!)