 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14299
Re: WTT: Coke Soccer Sets for Coke Soccer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:39:41 GMT

Hm, according to my HK contacts, 4464 was one of the LEAST desirable over
there, so I was assuming someone from HK would have been able to get plenty of
them.

I also heard that the leftovers were returned to the distributor in HK, and
that they would NOT sell them to individuals, they were just going to give them
to one or more employees, so I was hoping those employees somehow ended up
reading my message...

What are the differences, besides the playing field, between the HK and Japan
sets?  Since mine didn't come in the resealable bottle-mount packs, just their
individual bags, I didn't see any differences.

In any case, I'm sticking by my offer, hoping someone happened on a cache of
4464s, and wants a complete set quickly rather than trading one at a time until
they complete one.

If I were worried about the MONEY, I'd sell the sets off from a complete set
individually - that can easily clear me $200 on Ebay.  It's not about the
money, it's about getting the packs I really want while helping someone else
get a complete set.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Thomas Stangl writes:
I have a complete set of the latest Japan Coke Soccer set, all 30 packs,
that I am willing to trade for 50 of the 4464 packs (the
6-Cokes-in-a-crate) from the same series.  Why the mismatch on the #s?
Simple, getting a complete set is MUCH more difficult than individual
packs.

I'm not sure I'd do that trade... coming up with 50 of one kind is actually
harder than coming up with a complete set in my view, and the 4464 appears
to be the most desirable of all the individual sets. It has a street value
(I am told) of around 8 USD. A complete set with the playing field could be
had for around 120 or so (But that was for the HK set, not the Japan set,
there are differences) including shipping not too long ago... That suggests
a trade of 400 USD for 120 USD.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/