 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13625
13624  |  13626
Subject:
Update (Re: Custom Painted Cats)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:47:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Is there any demand for these?  My NLSO seems taken with the idea of painting
all of my Lego Cats. She wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a
custom painted cat made like their own or just something off the wall. Of
course there would be a small fee to cover material costs.  If anyone is
interested please post a reply.

-Mike Petrucelli

First off my apologies for taking so long to reply.

Well I was going to put up some pictures of a kitten she painted, so naturally
the pictures I had developed were blurry beyond recognition.  This presents a
problem to the way her and I agreed that this would work.  As we really can not
garuntee any specific time frame for completing a custom, (between work and
school our schedules do not cross as often as would be nice) I was going to
request a link to pictures that she could work from with no obligation yet.
Upon completion (whenever that might be) I would then send message to the
person who requested the custom with a link to a picture of it.  At that point
would we discuss purchase. (worst case I build a pet shop :-) As my camera does
not focus properly on something that small the whole concept gets shot to heck.
I have been saving a few dollars every paycheck for a while to get a digital
camera but I do no not have quite enough yet.  So I might have to put the whole
thing on hold for a month or two. You can send links to pictures for requests
awhile though.  Now for some specifics:

Larry Pieniazek:  I am told the tiger stripeing should not be hard at all.
However there is no real way to "fluff" a lego cat. She did say texturizing
might work. That would involve 'scratching' the cat up a bit and would not add
any volume. I might look cool though.

Roxanne Jeanson:  Jen (my NLSO) might have a few questions for you about some
specific areas from the pictures you provided.  If you get a message from
Jennifer Lincavage or LinkPGL@aol.com it is from her.  (note any specific
questions for her should be directed to ladyathena45@hotmail.com as the other
e-mail address is shared)

Scott Arthur:  She said should be able to do something similar to that
interesting figurine.

Jim Green:  Yes we are talking the System kitten not the Belville cat.  So what
shade of grey are you looking for?

Well I guess that about wraps it up for now.

-Mike Petrucelli