 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13586
Re: Custom Painted Cats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:47:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Is there any demand for these?  My NLSO seems taken with the idea of painting
all of my Lego Cats. She wanted to know if anyone would be interested in a
custom painted cat made like their own or just something off the wall. Of
course there would be a small fee to cover material costs.  If anyone is
interested please post a reply.

Depends on the pricing but it sounds interesting. We have 4 cats so price
would be an issue.

Well I have to research that some.  I have never mailed a package before and I
do not think a normal envelope would be sufficient.  As for the material cost I
would guess 2-4 dollars depending on how much paint is used and detail level
involved. I suppose it would also depend on how much cats are on bricklink if I
use up my initial supply of 20 or so cats.

How is she at tigerstriped? (we have a grey with black
tigerstriping, he's ex feral)...

She has done some good detail work on ceramics so I do not think it would be
too difficult for her.  I will try and get a picture of one she painted "on the
fly" loosely base on her old cat.  I have no digital camera though so it might
take a few days. (guess I should have done that first :-)

Problem  is one of them is a total fluffball, just painting the kitty grey
isn't going to capture his look.

I will have to ask her about that one.

-Mike Petrucelli