 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1339
Re: Parts Sale....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:59:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
writes:
Sorry, meant to say - This link does not work, unless you remover the
period after ...html

Hrmmm...  I normally try to not punctuate a sentence with a URL in it,
but I just went to this page before reading your comments and, without
thinking, only copied up to the l  - didn't touch the period.

Wouldn't most people do that?

Well, if you have to type in the URL by hand, or cut & paste it by hand,
then yes.  But many modern newsreaders display a hyperlink to click on,
and very few of these are smart enough to know when to remove the trailing
punctuation.  :)

--Todd