 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12808
Re: Attn Troy & other sellers: Post Less, Say More...Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:25:32 GMT

Brett,

I post messages when I think that I have something important to let people
know about.  I also post said messages when the events that I am talking
about happen, as in when I put stuff on sale, I post the massage.  I had
thought that was what this group was for, as that is what I ahve been using
it for for 2 years....

I believe waiting a day between the posts would have had no different effect
because other than your message complaining about it, there were only two
other messages in that time period.  And the third messages was already 6
hours after the first.  The group isn't very high traffic, there is nothing
that I can do about that.

Your theory that I did it to "effectively kill the visibility" of your posts
or to dominate the "first page" is flawwed in that I do not use the web
interface at all, and have no idea what the "first page" looks like.  I post
and read through Outlook Express and can see many more headers than just 5
at a time.

In closing, I don't think that 3 posts in one day is all that excessive,
especially when there are others that crosspost their messages to multiple
groups which is a bigger problem if you ask me.  Besides, it doesn't look
like your store is doing all that poorly, I guess I just don't see what the
problem is.

Troy

PS:  I really don't understand your comment about the pricing of my
staircases.  I priced them at what I thought was a good price.  If you or
others have then cheaper, I would think that would make you happy as yours
would sell before mine....  (And I didn't think there were any rules
forbidding people from listing items at a higher price....)

"Brett A. Antaya" <dioxyn0272@aol.com> wrote in message
  Why did you feel the need to monopolize the front page of the
buy/sell/trade newsgroup? Do you really think that putting 22 lots on sale
in your Brickbay store required 2 seperate posts? As if that wasnt bold
enough you made a third post to tell everyone that you added one lot to • your
store...at a price that far exceeded those that were allready available on
Brickbay. I guess my real question is: Did 3 posts do you any more good • than
1 would have??? I guess I'm a bit bitter because your three of four posts • on
the front page effectively killed the visibility of the sale announcement • I
had posted. This is a public board for a lot of people to post and by now • we
have all figured out that the first page gets most of the attention so I
figure your strategy was inconsiderate at best. How about from now on all • of
us sellers try to limit our postings so that, at least, we never have more
than 1 post on the front page....I mean, most of us could spend all day
posting about what we have available...but we don't.

   A strategy I use when posting is to wait until the effects of my first
post have worn off before posting something new, this allows for any other
post to spend that much more time in the spotlight & also offer my
announcements more of a continual visability as opposed to 3 posts today
none tomorrow. Hope you see what I'm getting at.

Brett Antaya