 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1247
Re: FS: 6953, 8820, 8836, 8838 (to both john and larry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:05:43 GMT

topher wrote:

Larry Pieniazek writes:

Lugnet isn't Usenet(2).

"usenet?"  i'm sorry, i've never heard of it.  i go through america online to
get my newsgroups (except this one, of course).

Unless AOL has newsgroups of its own that aren't part of the larger
Usenet, those groups are a part of Usenet.  It's an old system of
newsgroup updating where using the NNTProtocol, newsgroup messages are
passed to and from news servers.

once again thank you for the advice.  and i apologize yet again for my "newbie-
ness".  maybe i can get it right THIS time.  but anyway, i'm still kind of
unsure as to what to do.  i like the raise-bid-get-higher-sale-price aspect of
auctions,

Auctions work well.  I have tried to auction something starting around
10% my guesstimate at fair market value and gotten zero responses, then
dropped it to about 50% of FMV, started getting bids like crazy, and
ended up selling the items for substantially more than I had originally
hoped.  This is often a good way to proceed, but you risk selling it for
the starting bid if bidding doesn't take off.

but like i said, i need to get money quickly.

Well, then offer a straight sale and you either will or will not get
money quickly.

maybe i can do both auction and sell for the same sets?  lol.

There are auctions with a buyout condition.  Such as "anyone willing to
pay 1.5 times the current bid can take it right now."  Otherwise, you
should consider an offer to auction binding, and if you then remove the
item from bidding, you are IMO behaving unethically.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA