 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1246
Re: FS: 6953, 8820, 8836, 8838 (to both john and larry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 05:35:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Note well that you theoretically should NOT
be getting: "responses on RTL or here under the auction section" because
your responses should be coming to you via email.

whoops sorry, bad way of describing what i meant to say...i meant i'm not
getting any EMAIL responses.  i understand the misunderstanding.  :-)

Todd, the owner round here, is busy doing Important Things (1) and a lot
of us help out a bit, informally, when we see newbies that could use a
bit of guidance so he doesn't have to. You're acting like a newbie that
could use a bit of guidance. I'm trying to provide that guidance as
politely as I can, because I was here from the very beginning, and I
like this place a lot. Sorry if that's annoying you, but there it is.

and thank you for being patient.  being a "newbie" as you call it can be kind
of frustrating.  and i apologize for being a schmuck.  anyways, thank you for
the advice, it will now be well taken.

Lugnet isn't Usenet(2).

"usenet?"  i'm sorry, i've never heard of it.  i go through america online to
get my newsgroups (except this one, of course).

John DiRienzo wrote:
Well, we are possible buyers, and if we don't know if its for sale or
auction there isn't much chance of us buying, since we don't what the
minimum bid or asking price is.  I think he was looking for some
clarification in that regard.  If you are selling then it belongs here, if
you are auctioning it belongs in auctions. Sometimes auctions take awhile,
even to get first bids, and when selling, you might get an immediate
response or you may get a response in a month.  If you want to sell the sets
quickly, you should offer them for a low price, and tell your possible
buyers you want to sell them ASAP.

once again thank you for the advice.  and i apologize yet again for my "newbie-
ness".  maybe i can get it right THIS time.  but anyway, i'm still kind of
unsure as to what to do.  i like the raise-bid-get-higher-sale-price aspect of
auctions, but like i said, i need to get money quickly.  but now i think i'm
digressing, maybe this thread should be in "general."  (T.I.C., of course)
topher

maybe i can do both auction and sell for the same sets?  lol.