 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11227
Re: a BrickBay issue of concern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 02:36:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ray Sanders writes:
'Wanted's are viatally important to the functioning
of BrickBay. If I place a 'Wanted' for a part/set/fig and never see the
notification, I have no way of knowing that the item is now available. I can go
do manual searches, but thats time consuming and defeats the whole purpose of
the 'wanted' mechanism. Once the email (for a wanted) is lost, then
functionally, there is no way to know that it happened.

  I have come to accept the likelihood that I do not get emails from
Brickbay every time my want list is hit. Instead of doing manual searches
all I do is go to 'my wanted' page which shows all of my wanted items and
where I can buy them. I check my wanted page every couple of days for the
following reasons: 1) Parts which may have been priced too high may now be
on sale 2) To Track whether or not other people are buying the parts which I
want for more than I was willing to pay for them 3) To be sure I havent
missed anything 4) To see if any one store has more than one item I want
which may in the end justify paying a bit more to save on shipping.

   I only use the wanted feature for must-have parts that if I dont buy ASAP
someone else will, or that I just can't do without...like tall brown
ladders. There are also a lot of other non-priority parts that I need ,but
are readily available, like 1x1 dk grey headlight bricks, so I count on
checking the daily added parts list to determine whether or not my needs
will be satisfied by a purchase. I check the daily list often which also
allows me to 'watch the competition' and stay on top of pricing and which
parts /sets/ themes are saturated etc. Hope this gives some insight because
all is not lost when the 'wanted list' email is:)

  Have a great weekend!

Brett
Pyrite's Plunder

http://www.Brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Pyrite