 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11226
Re: a BrickBay issue of concern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:58:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ray Sanders writes:

Last night and this morning I generated about 25 'wanted' hits on items I
listed/relisted. But I'm pretty sure that none of them went out to the
individuals that want the items. So why waste my time listing things, hoping
that someone will do a search and/or notice the item ?

(tangent warning!)

I find your wording interesting: "listed/relisted"  Do you mean that you
will remove and re-add parts from your inventory just to generate a new
wanted notification?

James

Generally "no"...  However, if the part has been ...

1) listed because of an order cancel and did not automatically connect with the
parts guide tracking (denoted by the black non-clickable "Price" in the
inventory update/edit screen)

or

2) the part was listed prior to the part being in the master catalog (also
potentially denoted by the above mentioned black non-clickable "Price")

or

3) the part happened to be a minifig that pre-dated the new minifig definitions

or

4) the part has a very low itemID number and has been sitting there for ~6
months without any activity

then "yes", I may choose to relist a part.

Keep in mind that order cancels do not cross-check to wanted's (regardless of
whether they connect to the price guide correctly). Nor are wanted's checked
against parts on file at the time the wanted is placed, nor for price changes/
reductions. There are a variety of reasons that a part may *become* desirable
where the existing wanted mechanism will not report the new status.

Ray