 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11224
Re: a BrickBay issue of concern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:46:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
Yes, it's a good idea to check BrickBay once in a while to see if
any orders have come in that you weren't notified of.

Which is tolearable for orders. But orders are not the only thing that BrickBay
generates outgoing mail for. 'Wanted's are viatally important to the functioning
of BrickBay. If I place a 'Wanted' for a part/set/fig and never see the
notification, I have no way of knowing that the item is now available. I can go
do manual searches, but thats time consuming and defeats the whole purpose of
the 'wanted' mechanism. Once the email (for a wanted) is lost, then
functionally, there is no way to know that it happened.

Last night and this morning I generated about 25 'wanted' hits on items I
listed/relisted. But I'm pretty sure that none of them went out to the
individuals that want the items. So why waste my time listing things, hoping
that someone will do a search and/or notice the item ?

Ray