 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10612
  International shippment and declaired value?

What do you typically put for the declaired value of a package that is going across international borders. For legal reasons, should it be the transaction value, or the insured value, or an arbitrary one? (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: International shippment and declaired value?

(...) IANAL but I think it's supposed to be the "real" value of just the merchandise, that is, what price a willing buyer and willing seller would agree on with no impediments to making a deal. I tend to insure packages for more than the value of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: International shippment and declaired value?

(...) Hehe, I like that :-) I'm located in the Netherlands (European Union) so whenever I buy something I ask the seller to put a value of $40 or less on the customs form, at my risk. Otherwise I need to pay taxes and a few other things as well, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)