 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10334
10333  |  10335
Subject:
Customized train (was: MTW-2001 Custom Switcher Kit now available on Brickbay)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 02:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[...]
http://www.miltontrainworks.com/MTW-2001colorSelector.html

Choose your own colors!  Is this a worldwide first?  I think it is!

[...]
Another interesting feature is that I will be including extra parts to
allow you to make the model in several variants, so you can get close to
your favorite prototype (2 notch hood, 1 notch hood, straight hood, cab
with lower front bulge or without). Hints and suggestions are liberally
sprinkled throughout the 18 page instructions.

This sounds pretty great.  If I wasn't into space stuff instead, I'd be
getting in line now for one of these.  It would be neat to see a few of
these at LEGO trainshows in various color/shape incarnations.  :)

As usual, this model will feature bound instructions and a certificate of
authenticity. I have also improved my packaging by using a sturdy box.

I'd like to hear more about instruction binding, if you're not considering
it a trade secret?  I assume you print them on a color laser or inkjet
printer and then take them somewhere to be bound?

I expect to be discussing this in market.theory after I have some
fulfillment experience.

It's never too early to start -- this is a big new thing!

--Todd