 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 928
Re: Looking for Sand Red bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.market.brickshops, Allan Bedford writes:
I've spent some time searching around BrickLink for a quantity of Sand Red
bricks but can't seem to find anyone with more than a half dozen.

Let me qualify/clarify my own original posting. What I should have said was
that I could only find sellers with 'lots' of between 2 and 6 or so bricks
each.  I was hoping to find someone with a good supply in order to reduce
the number of orders it might take to get a usable quantity.  No sense
asking some seller to do up an order for 8 bricks.  :)

Is there
any one out there who has some bricks and/or slopes in this color?  And
perhaps quantities of 10 or 20 of each?  If so, perhaps you can reply to
this post, or better yet just email me at:  SandRedBricks@apotome.com

Thanks in advance!
Allan
p.s.  Please be a seller who is willing to ship via USPS to Canada.  Or a
Canadian seller of course.  :)   Thanks!

Kevin,

I was a bit confused by your post, but let me add some comments that might
help shed some light on my position.

I think you may have missed a few listings. There are currently 147 lots of
Sand Red items, 27 of which are Bricks.  Of those 27, twelve lots contain at
least 100 pieces.  I did not factor price into the search.

I hadn't had much experience with searching for things on Bricklink.  I
suspect some additional work will help me more accurately find what I'm
looking for.  I did find sand red bricks, but only in quantities as noted above.

Keep in mind that Sand Red is not easily obtainable outside of Lego Shop At
Home (and I know you don't use SAH) so you are pretty lucky to have BrickLink
shops that offer these parts.

Quite true.  I did order from Shop At Home when they had an actual Canadian
office and staff.  However, once that office was closed I decided not to use
the U.S. service.  Call me silly.  Call me naive.  Call me nationalistic.
But whenever possible I like to spend my money in Canada.  Even if it's a
U.S. company, I would rather support the Canadian arm of it, and those jobs,
if I can.

Also keep in mind that ONLY 4 SIZES of Sand Red
bricks have been available from Shop At Home so far.

To be honest, I hadn't realized that until this post appeared:

http://news.lugnet.com/market/brickshops/?n=925

Thanks Ray!

I guess I had made the assumption that since they were available as bulk
packs (which I knew) that perhaps they had been used in other sets and I
just wasn't seeing them.  This was my mistake.  They certainly are a rarer
brick than some.

I have been buying Lego parts and sets for over 20 years and can tell you that
it may take a long time and many sources to obtain the quantity of certain
parts that you want.

I agree completely.  I just wish the kid in me had the kind of patience
required for buying bricks this way.  :)

Just expecting what you want to be available all the time
is just silly and economically unfeasible, no matter how much you may wish
otherwise.

I must apologize if my original post gave this impression.  I wasn't
expecting anyone to suddenly make buckets of sand red bricks available to me
at a penny apiece.  I was really just looking for some help as a first time
user of Bricklink.  And, as mentioned above, to economize my # of purchases.

Sorry if my posting confused this purpose.

If the following link does not work, simply use the ADVANCED SEARCH feature of
BrickLink to search for the color Sand Red and then sort how you want to see
the results displayed.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=&sortBy=Qty&sortDesc=DESC&sz=100&h=&t=&c=
58&u=&i=&uR=&invNew=&itemType=P

Thanks for the help.