 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 926
Re: Looking for Sand Red bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:58:41 GMT

This post invoked my idle curiosity about which sets contain the basic bricks
in SandRed. After digging thru peeron, the answer appears to be: none do. The
basic bricks seem to be available in SandRed only via the special packs from
S@H. I think the big Mars set had a few 1x2s in SandRed, but otherwise nada. I
wonder why this is.

Ray

My understanding that the sand red brick bulk packs were produced out of an
opportunity. I guess this is no help because we don't know what that
opportunity was.

I figured that maybe they purchased a lot of sand red ABS and wanted to
reduce inventory and used it (for the brick bulk packs).

Or, possibly the Model Makers ordered sand red bricks and LD had them
produce more at the same time (again, for the bulk packs).

Best,
Jonathan