 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 791
  Efficacy of a small brickshop?

I've got a bunch of new parts from sets I've parted out that I'd like to sell, but I don't have the tens of thousands of parts that the larger Bricklink shops have. Is it worthwhile for me to open a Bricklink store? I actually already opened one, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Efficacy of a small brickshop?

(...) Hi Bill, I'm one of those owners of small stores. If you are only going to list common items, the large sellers carry those elements in mass quantities making it very hard for a small seller to compete. But if you sell hard to find pieces (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Efficacy of a small brickshop?

(...) <snip> Yup, that would be me. :) I'm another one of those 'small sellers' and would agree with Maggie. Unless you do it as a full-time operation, or something nearly like it, don't expect to get profit back to match your time put in. Heck, I (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Efficacy of a small brickshop?

Bill, Go for it. It costs you nothing to list your items (other than a little time). Once your store is up and running adding items the next time will be much easier. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)