 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 791
790  |  792
Subject:
Efficacy of a small brickshop?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:43:31 GMT

I've got a bunch of new parts from sets I've parted out that I'd like
to sell, but I don't have the tens of thousands of parts that the
larger Bricklink shops have.

Is it worthwhile for me to open a Bricklink store?

I actually already opened one, but it is closed and I haven't put much
inventory into it yet.

It will take a lot of effort to enter all of the parts I have, and I
don't want to do it if it isn't going to have much of a chance.

I know as a buyer, I don't usually buy from the small guys because
it's rare for one vendor to have all the things I'm looking for.  I
usually buy only from the larger stores.  If most buyers are like me,
there'd be no point in me opening a small store.

Owners of small stores, do you find it to be worth your while?

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin