 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 69
Re: Problem with Brickbay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:39:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Well, they're hosted on the same box. The only
difference I can think of is that there are nameserver differences

There's no problem with DNS:  the name resolves just fine.  Running a
traceroute to brickbay consistently gets timeouts after 216.37.35.126
(probably a router),  while running one to GoB or MTW passes through the same
node just fine.

Looks like either someone is specifically DOSing brickbay,  or there's a
routing problem at 216.37.35.126.  I emailed Dan yesterday about the failures
I was seeing,  and he replied that he'd passed the info on to his ISP.  I'll
let him know about this,  too.

Ran