 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 375 (-10)
  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Actually, they have plenty of legal ground. Again, similarly, I am not a lawyer. (And also a Canadian!) But I have been to lectures about intellectual property, and it is my understanding that trademark infringement is based on similar service (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

You know, I must just have not been paying attention. I never even thought of the association there, the fact that they both end in "Bay". Seems to me like this case being the same as the one where McDonalds sued a small Irish pub in Dublin for (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Whatever they do, DO NOT offer to sell them the domain. That sort of behavior is one of the reasons the UDRP process has to determine if you registered the name in "bad faith." My personal opinion is that Brickbay does not infringe on eBay's (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) You'll have my endorsement. Adrian (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

I agree with Tim. We should organize a letter of complaint threatening to Boycott. Many would definitely participate. -Kyle PS..thanks LUGNET for allowing this discussion. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Slashdot (was:Bad News for Brickbay!?)

(...) I think it's a bit luck-of-the-draw as to which "editor" reads it. I've only ever had 1 story accepted 8?( ROSCO FUT off-topic.geek (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) May get added to Quickies. Taco lurks here now and then so I would bet he is aware of the situation already. You could mail him direct and ask. He has been known to be nice on one or two days of the year. [/:-) Best DaveG (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Inventory XML Export - Interest?

(...) Hi Jennifer I think that would be a fabulous idea. I havn't written it yet. But one project I have thought about would be an order builder. It would look at the components needed to make a specific MOC based on using all new pieces, either (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) I just submitted it too. It seems like it requires tons of people to submit anything before they will post it. I'm sure they'll reject it from me too, they reject everything I submit. (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  New parts added to Attack of the Bricks

Hey guys. I've recently added many of the parts from the following sets: 7 Droid Escapes (URL) Ice Ramp Racers (URL) MTT (URL) Desert Skiffs (URL) 3402 (URL) prices are generally below average. Take a look! -Jon -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact