 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1297
Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 02:41:19 GMT

Speaking from experience bulk buying of LEGO can be quite economical in that
shipping becomes next to nothing, lots of suppliers will discount huge orders,
so having 100s or even 1000s of units of LEGO sets is not unrealistic or that
strange.

We started Lasting Toys (on BrickLink/eBay) as a 'collectible' reseller
originally mostly for older castle stuff etc where collectors wanted cash
quickly but for collections in huge cash layout range.  But you can only go so
far with that.  We have moved into similar buying as
NinjaPrincess/PreciousPrincessPalance in that we buy on the
wholesale/liquidation/clearance markets where volume is the only way you can
buy, but in the end we can then offer good prices to people as well.  Large
quantities don't mean mis-representation/fraud in all cases, right!!

PERSONALLY the 10152 re-sellers right now are really pushing the limits.  It
gives the whole LEGO reseller community a bad name when people take advantage of
a momentary lack of information.  Yes it's just business, but I for one will not
be attempting to resell my 10152s.  GLAD TO SEE Shop@home finally up with 75$
priced ones on eBay which will set the market straight I hope.