 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1296
Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 17:39:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.market.auction, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
This is the weekly update of new items listed at AuctionBrick.com as of
Thu May 20, 02:49 PM PST.   To bid, register or view details of any item,
go to www.auctionbrick.com::

10152 Lego Maersk Sealand 10152 Container Ship NEW SUPER RARE  - MISB
Current Bid: $200.00, Time Left: 11 Days 7 Hrs+
http://www.auctionbrick.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=cat10&item=1086072361

10152 Lego Maersk Sealand 10152 Container Ship NEW SUPER RARE  - MISB
Current Bid: $200.00, Time Left: 11 Days 7 Hrs+
http://www.auctionbrick.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=cat10&item=1086072371

it was bad enough when this seller was selling onesies twosies on eBay... but
200 copies? at 200 each? With no mention that you can just ring up S@H and get
it yourself? Not very community friendly.

Dear LEGO,

If you want us to respect the capacity constraints you placed on this set and
not try to circumvent them, please make sure that this seller is either an
authorised reseller of yours (and let us know that to avoid confusion) or
enforce the capacity controls against them as well.

200 copies is a bit much to stomach when you singled out Troy (who, by the way,
only buys stuff when it's on clearance or when you yourself are willing to sell
it to him in large quantities) the way you did in your announcement post. You're
fingering the wrong leech, er, person.

Figure out the delivery addresses he's using and shut him down, that would be my
advice.

While it's true that some feel it's the duty of sellers to separate suckers from
their money, I'd prefer you not enabling that.

Thanks.

Funny, I was looking at that seller's Bricklink store earlier, and thought it
odd that he/she is already selling the ships at $140 (15 of them).  I can
believe 15, just have 2 friends also order their limit of 5 each.  Certainly a
possible (and probable) occurance.  $140 is a bit high, but I imagine that the
Maersk ship will hit that a few months after S@H's inventory runs out.

But 200?  That means (if the order limits are really enforced) that 40 people
are in this together, and I just can't see that.  The store has large quantities
of many items; and some unusual selling techniques.  I understand that part
quantities should be sold in lots of 10, 20, even 100s.

But large quantities of sets?  Who in their right mind is going to buy 100 Land
Busters at once?  That's an outlay of $3800, not to mention shipping.  Or 198
Metroliners at $90 each?  For a total of nearly $18000?!

Personally, I think this seller is artificially inflating their inventory with
nearly impossible to move product, so that they appear to have a large
inventory.  Some items in the Bricklink store, I think they really do have
several hundred (being sold individually close to retail price, like 296 speed
computers at $12.99).  But 198 Metroliners?  Unfathomable.  My same reaction for
the Maersk ships.

I have no way of verifying my statements, thus the qualifier "I think."  Just my
impressions of this particular seller.  I've never done business with this
seller, and it sure looks like a lot of people have, with satisfactory results.
So I guess he/she makes money on this.  I just wonder if the possiblity of fraud
is there.

John Riley